In the beginning there was the videogame, or at least that could be the reason for Peter Molyneux to design another god game. Godus is a newly developed god game for mobile devices in which you will be free to help your people in their daily lives for surviving and progressing. The game is free to download for Android and iOS platforms, while the Windows and Mac OS X feature a full paid version.
The game raises the question for the motivation of people for getting onward and evolving their civilisations. In short, the answer given is you, the player in the role of the god of this virtual land. Similar to other previous games such as Dungeon Keeper, Black & White and Populous, you will count with a superior power to manage your land.
The visual aspect of Godus features a unique style in which the models lack complex filters or textures
The visual aspect of Godus features a unique style in which the models lack complex filters or textures. The game is completely cel-shaded designed with beautiful and colorful motifs. Although it is developed in HD, the game tries to keep the use of resources to a minimum for using the different smartphone and tablet technologies in a better way.
From the very beginning of this genre, developers have fantasized about using touch interfaces for improving the control of god and managing games. Touching the screen you can perform the different god powers. Starting with the basic ones, you can sculpt land in order to drag the edges in and out to customize the ever-expanding land and find additional items for your people. Make it rain for nurturing the earth or destroy the Astari with a meteor strike; everything is up to you.
Guide your people through the different ages, inspiring changes in their society. In order to make these progresses you will need Belief, the currency for the actions in the game. A certain amount of this currency is needed for sculpting the land and for the additional god powers the player can perform in this regenesis utopia. Godus also includes secondary currencies like Gems, Wheat and Sticker Packs for constructing buildings and more. In the mobile version, gems can be bought with money in its in-app freemium store.
You can play your cross-platform reign in diverse devices to blossom your homeworld wherever you are. Take care of your followers, mould the environment and get into the multiplayer battles with your loyal people fighting for their worshipped god. Take your civilization to the skies with your champion, meteor and beautiful powers while keeping the Astari controlled.
Godus Full Version Features
Discover the main features of Godus developed for mobile devices and desktop platforms:
- Act as a god in your new land ruling over the people that worship you
- Beauty cel-shading HD design optimizing the use of resources of your mobile device
- Use your powers to save and help your people, or cast havoc upon them
- Discover chests, complete quests, nurture your land or make people from your settlements fear you
- Cross-platform between Android, iOS and desktop systems
- Manage the land as you wish to sculpt every inch of the landscape in-game
- Guide your followers through the different ages from the Primitive Age to the last Space Age, not yet available to download
- Fight against champions and the Astari or convert them to your side
- Explore the different lands through the whole world and discover new resources and elements to implement
Check the latest details of Godus and the newsletter of its developer through the following link .
These are the minimum resources for the download of Godus:
- Operating System: iOS 7.0, Android 4.0.3, Windows XP, OS X 10.7.5 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2GHz (2.2 Core 2 Duo for Mac)
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- GPU: GeForce 210
- Size: 131MB free space available (1GB for PC and Mac version)